Friday, May 29, 2009

The perils of alcohol


Reading the newspaper today I couldn't help noticing the warning by the wine ad: "Alkohol i samband med arbete ökar risken för olyckor", or translated into English something like "Alcohol in conjunction with work increases the risk of accidents".

Now, I don't know about you but in my job drinking alcohol could at most cause an incident, like spilling the red wine on my laptop or send a few e-mails to the wrong people, perhaps in a non-business appropriate language. Hardly worth warning me about when I uncork that bottle of Letizia.

So what I'm saying is they should definitely put a big "may" in there, right between the word work and increases. I mean, I'm not completely unreasonable, I can see the hazards if you're a cab driver, construction worker or surgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment