Monday, August 10, 2009

Trucks overtaking trucks


You're driving along the motorway, minding your own business, when you notice a cluster of ridiculously slow moving vehicles in front of you. Of course you prepare to overtake them, check your mirrors and blind zone, and change to the left lane.

As you're approaching these slow moving vehicles one of them suddenly decides to overtake the other, turning out into your lane right in front of you, at a speed 40-50 km/h slower than you. Thats like driving toward a brick wall in 50 km/h!!!

Sounds familiar?

Recovering from the shock of this neanderthal trailer truck driver nearly killing you, you're faced with his stupid truck blocking the road for several minutes desperately trying to overtake a vehicle moving perhaps 2-3 km/h slower than himself. And of course this couldn't wait until the coast was clear and no cars were in sight behind him.

I've often wondered what the qualifications are to become a trailer truck driver, and clearly there aren't that many: "Can you sit? Can you hold a steering wheel? That's good enough for us, you've got the job, Billy-Bob!". A monkey could probably do a better job.

At one point I got so fed up with these insane maneuvers that I couldn't control myself anymore. After finally overtaking one of these trucks and moved back into the right lane I slowly decreased my speed until he was right behind me, and I continued decreasing my speed, forcing him to brake. Of course when he started overtaking me I stepped on the throttle. I know it was childish, I know I shouldn't have stooped to his level, but seriously, it felt sooo good to finally show that son of a bitch just how annoying it is to have a moron block the road in front of you.

I should point out that this applies to you retards in the RV's as well. You know who you are. If you're unable to go faster than 80 km/h, don't try to overtake that truck going 79 km/h in a 120 km/h zone with traffic coming up behind you.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.ehow.com/list_7567930_truck-driver-complaints.html

    Read. Everything you own and enjoy was delivered by you guessed it... a truck. Maybe you folks should be a bit more understanding. We have to deal with enough impatient dickheads as is. And I'd love to watch you try and operate a truck since all you have to do is sit and hold the steering wheel, right? It's not rocket science but it's definitely underestimated.

    ReplyDelete