Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hilton - it´s 2009 for God´s sake!


A couple of years ago, when I was frequent customer of Hilton hotels, I remember the annoyance of having to pay extra for wireless Internet access. If I remember correctly there was wired Internet available in the rooms for free though (go figure...), so I always brought a cable.

It´s been a while since my last Hilton stay, but this weekend I´m staying at Hilton Malmö. A nice hotel in most ways, with beautiful views from the higher floors and everything, but frankly I was a bit shocked to see that they´re still sticking to their ridiculous pay-for-Internet policy. At 1500 SEK per night you´re still expected to pay 150 SEK for 24 hours of wifi access - or 20 bucks an hour!

There´s free wifi at most coffee shops, and sitting down in the hotel lobby I can find several free hotspots. Come on Hilton, it´s 2009, you simply can´t charge people for Internet access anymore. That´s just so 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment