Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy slapping

A Swedish artist wannabe called Anna Odell was convicted on charges of "ordeligt förfarande" and "våldsamt motstand" after faking a psychosis and attacking nurses and police. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I'm guessing it has to do with deception and violent resistance. It was all done in the name of art, of course, and DN's cultural editor, Maria Schottenius says she can't understand why this case ever ended up in the court of law in the first place. This trial has been a trial against art itself! Her teachers at the art academy, Konstfack, are shocked at the verdict. After all, you can't just strangle art with petty rules and laws that are for the common man.

I couldn't agree more. Artists should be above these stupid laws. Tomorrow I'm going to bring my trustworthy camera with me out into the streets and simply slap some casual people silly while filming it. That will be my contribution to the art world, my legacy, and I expect Maria Schottenius to stand up for me and my art as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment