Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Stop leaving messages!

You would think in 2010 we wouldn't have to dial a number and listen to a recording of a message someone left while we were unable to answer the phone. There are so many options out there. Seriously, there's nothing more annoying about modern communication than seeing that you have one missed call and one text message containing the words "someone left you a message. Dial 888 to listen to it". AAARGH.

If I don't answer the phone, please send me a text message or an e-mail instead, or why not pinging me on my instant messenger, if I'm online. That way I can get in plain writing whatever information you want me to have (you know, which number to call you on, what address we're supposed to meet at, those things that would otherwise require me to find a pen and paper and start to write things down, and of course I wouldn't manage to get it all on the first listen, so I would have to press "2" to get the message repeated...).

Thank you so much for understanding.

Photo: TheGiantVermin

No comments:

Post a Comment